COLLEGE BOOK SCHOLARSHIP $250 FOR BOOKS--OPEN TO ADULTS & RETURNING COLLEGE STUDENTS.
Are you own your way to college, or do you have children that are on their way to college? Have you already enrolled into college, and need help purchasing books? Howard Tax Prep LLC can help!
Howard Tax Prep LLC prides ourselves on GIVING BACK TO THE COMMUNITIES THAT WE SERVE. We offer new homebuyer & investor assistance, customer appreciation days, and now book scholarships! Howard Tax Prep LLC understands that in today's environment, finding the funds to attend college can be difficult. Tuition alone can be a burden, and additional expenses like room & board, textbooks, supplies, transportation, and other cost can add up quickly causing many to give up and forgo their dreams of attending college.
Howard Tax Prep LLC believes that education is the cornerstone of building sustainable & continued wealth, which is why we are offering 6 $250 scholarships to be used toward costly college textbooks.
APPLYING FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
Write an essay about why attending college and your field of study are important to you. Give us some insight into who you are as a person, why you chose your field, and how you plan on using your education to help/give back to your community. Entries will be judged based on sincerity, creativity, and organization of thought. WE DO NOT JUDGE BASED ON GPA's! Everyone deserves a chance, not just those with good grades.
- 6 $250 scholarship.
- This scholarship applies toward the fall 2020 semester. It is not meant to cover the expenses of summer classes. These scholarships will be granted through our application process annually.
- Essay length should be 300 words minimum.
- Proof that you have graduated high school, or will be graduating high school. If you are an adult that has not graduated high school, you must have a GED.
- For homeschoolers: provide a parent-generated transcript
- Clear contact information (name, mailing address, preferred means of contact).
- A few sentences about yourself and a recent photo of yourself which will be used for publicity purposes on the Howard Tax Prep LLC newsletter & blog.
- Proof that you are enrolled in an accredited college for the fall 2020/spring 2021 semester OR proof that you have been accepted at an accredited college for the fall 2020/spring 2021 semester.
- Completed application.
- Please attach the items listed above to an email and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. For the subject line, write “Scholarship Essay Entry - (your name).”
Any student that is enrolled in an accredited college is eligible to participate. This includes any grade level, freshman to senior; undergrad and graduate alike are eligible. Even if you are a transfer student, non-traditional student, studying abroad, or taking classes online, you can enter. Any major or field of study is acceptable.
- Adults that are returning to college, or that are attending for the 1st time.
- High school seniors that are enrolled in an accredited college, either for a dual credit program or for the upcoming semester, are eligible to enter as well.
- You must either be enrolled for the fall 2020 or registered for the fall 2020 semester. Being enrolled in summer classes does not make you eligible to enter.
- Students must be American citizens.
Deadline to Enter
We will consider submissions of essays until the entry deadline, which is July 15, 2020, at 11:59pm CDT.
- Scholarship winners will be notified between August 1st and August 15, 2020.
- All announcements will be made on Howard Tax Prep LLC's blog, which can be found here.
Accepting the Scholarship Award
Once an entrant is notified of winning, the entrant has three days to respond and accept the scholarship award. If the selected winner does not respond within the allotted time, another winner will be chosen.
Once the winners are announced, awards have been accepted, and valid mailing addresses have been obtained, Howard Tax Prep LLC will mail the winners a check for the amount of the scholarship they won. Or if your institution of learning would prefer to handle the awards, we will send them the check and they can apply the amount to your student account accordingly.
- All essays submitted become the intellectual property of Howard Tax Prep LLC.
- We will not use the information or images provided of non-winners in any form of Howard Tax Prep LLC publicity. We will only use the information and images provided of winners on Howard Tax Prep LLC's newsletter & blog in association with the annual scholarship essay contest.
- We will not use your contact information to send you spam advertising messages or sell it to other advertisers.
- Absolutely no costs or fees are required for eligibility. Always beware of scholarships that require fees.