1099 & W-2 Filing Solutions.

Filing deadline January 31st!

When tax season rolls around, dealing with W-2’s and 1099-MISC forms can be a huge added burden, especially considering most DIY software programs don’t offer the option to prepare and e-file W-2 and 1099-MISC forms. Let Howard Tax Prep LLC take care of the fling your W2's and 1099's while you use your time to generate more revenue!

How can Howard Tax Prep LLC help me?

We will print and mail your forms to your employees W2, and/or contractors 1099's and e-file the forms directly with the IRS (for 1099s) and the SSA (for W-2s)

We file your forms daily, sometimes even multiple times per day during the busy tax-filing season

We will notify you via email at each stage of the process (when you complete your transaction during check-out and when your employees W2, and/or contractors 1099's copies are mailed)

You also can choose to provide your employees W2, and/or contractors 1099's email address. We can give them the option to access their forms immediately through our secure online link.

You get all of these services for a 1 time company setup fee of $35, and a nominal fee of $7 for each W2 issued & mailed per employee/1099 contractor.

Who has to file a 1099-MISC?

File Form 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Income, for each person in the course of your business to whom you have paid the following during the year:

  • At least $600 in:
  • Rents (box 1) (Please see the exceptions info below).
  • Prizes and awards (box 3)
  • Other income payments (box 3)
  • Independent contractor’s non-employee compensation (box 7)
  • Payments to an attorney (box 10)

What do I need to file?

In order to file a W2, or 1099-misc, you must have:

  • A signed W9 for independent contractors.
  • A signed W4 for employees.
  • A record of all payments made to contractors.
  • A record of income taxes withheld, and FICA payments withheld. A record of all wages paid to employees including Federal & State income tax withheld, and FICA payments

Are there any exceptions in which I would not need to file?.

Some payments do not have to be reported on Form 1099-MISC, although they may be taxable to the recipient. Payments for which a Form 1099-MISC is not required include all of the following.

  • Generally, payments to a corporation (including a limited liability company (LLC) that is treated as a C or S corporation). 
  • Payments of rent to real estate agents or property managers. However, the real estate agent or property manager must use Form 1099-MISC to report the rent paid over to the property owner.
  • Wages paid to employees (report on Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement).
  • Business travel allowances paid to employees (may be reportable on Form W-2).

How can I get started?

Complete this form with your company information and best contact information (our preferred method), or call our office at 855-743-5765 during our business hours of 10:00AM-6:00PM Monday through Friday, and 10:00AM-2:00PM on Saturday. You can also email us at

Learn More

We will print and mail your forms to your employees W2, and/or contractors 1099's and e-file the forms directly with the IRS (for 1099s) and the SSA (for W-2s).